Chicken or turkey satay curry Serves 4
Prep Time 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3cm knob of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into sticks
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 heaped tablespoons of meridian crunchy peanut butter
- 370grams of fresh turkey or chicken breast
- 4 spring onions, cut into 2cm pieces
- Cayenne pepper, to serve (optional)
1. Place a heat bottom pan over a medium heat. Add in the coconut oil, garlic, ginger and red onion and cook off for 3 minutes. Add the coconut milk, peanut butter and bring to a simmer, stirring to melt the peanut butter.
2. Add the turkey and stir well, making sure the meat is separated. Bring back to a simmer and cook gently for 8-10 minutes. Add the spring onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Taste and season.
3. If you would like to add extra heat, sprinkle with some cayenne pepper.